BBQ braised duck legs, star anise and blackberries
4 duck legs
3 star anise
2 red chillies, roughly chopped
4 tbsp hoisin sauce
1tsp Chinese five spice
200ml chicken stock
2 cinnamon sticks
2 garlic cloves, sliced
Thumb of ginger peeled and sliced
Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat your barbecue for indirect heat, medium to low 150-160 °C.
- Mix the stock, star anise, garlic, hoisin, cinnamon, ginger, salt and Chinese five spice together.
- Place the duck in a roasting tray and pour over the liquid. Seal the tray with tin foil or peach paper.
- Place on the barbecue and cook for 2 hours. Remove the foil or peach paper and baste the duck legs with the thickened liquid. Season with pepper and salt. Add the blackberries.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes to set the glaze.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
Garden cook items pictured for this recipe