Ribeye steak with grilled tomatoes, padron peppers, garlic butter
750-900g ribeye steak on the bone, approx 5cm thick
2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
1 tbsp fresh rosemary
4 minced garlic cloves
4 good sized tomatoes
Chilli rapeseed oil
400g padron peppers
salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the barbecue for a direct heat, approx 200°C.
1.Cut the tomatoes, in half and dribble on chilli rapeseed oil and sea salt .
2. Thread the padron peppers on to a flat skewer, season with sea salt.
3. Brush the steak on both sides with a little oil, then season with salt and pepper
4. Add garlic butter and chopped parsley and tarragon to a small heat proof pan.
5. Place the steak on grate and grill for around 4 minutes on each side, depending on how you like your steak cooked. You can use a temperature probe if required.
6. Whilst steak is resting put the tomatoes, padron peppers and pan of garlic butter on the grate. Cook the padron peppers for 3-4 mins each side, tomatoes the same and garlic butter for a few mins to simmer.
Approximate removal temperatures from the grill if you are resting too (remember the temperature will continue to rise when resting)
rare - 35 °C
medium rare - 41 °C
medium - 46 °C
Garden cook items pictured for this recipe