Sticky pork belly skewers, roasted apples
500g of skinless pork belly, cut in to 2cm chunks
Zest of half an orange
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2tbsp olive oil
4 apples, peeled (remove core if you wish)
2 cinnamon sticks
Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat your barbecue for high heat, direct cooking.
- Place the apples, cider, butter, honey and cinnamon sticks and pinch of sea salt into a heavy based pan or skillet. Cook indirect gently with the lid closed for around 1 hour, until the apple is soft and caramelised.
- Add the garlic, tamari, olive oil and orange zest to a bowl and mix. Add the pork chunks. Season.
- Marinade for an hour or overnight if time allows.
- Thread the cubs of pork onto metal skewers.
- Grill for 5-7 minutes on each side, turning only once.
- Meanwhile place the left-over marinade in a small pan, bring it to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- When the pork is cooked through remove from the barbecue. Glaze the skewers with the reduced marinade.
- Serve pork skewers with the roasted apples, seasonal greens and a cold cider!
Garden cook pieces pictured for this recipe