Yogurt marinated grilled lamb neck skewers
5 tbsp Greek yogurt
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground tumeric
1 tsp ground all spice
500g lamb neck fillet
6 large green chillies
Salt (we recommend Dorset Sea Salt) and pepper
1. Combine the yogurt, lemon juice and garlic. Season and split the mixture in two, keeping half to serve with the cooked meat.
2. Stir all the spices (cumin, coriander, turmeric and ground all spice) in to the remaining yogurt mixture.
3. Cut the lamb fillets into three chunks and score lightly with a knife. Evenly coat the meat with the spiced yogurt mixture. Allow to sit for 30 minutes at room temperature or cover and chill for up to 12 hours.
4. Prepare the barbecue, light the charcoal and set them up for a direct cooking method. Aim for a gentle, direct heat.
4. Feed the chunks on to the skewers, alternating with a green chilli.
5. Gill for 5 mins per side or until the lamb has reached 60°C and achieved a good char and colour.
6. Serve with the remaining yogurt and wilted seasonal greens or salad.
Garden cook items pictured for this recipe