Slow roast lamb shoulder with mint and mustard
2.5kg lamb shoulder
2 onions halved and finely sliced
For the marinade:
4 tsp homemade or good quality mint sauce
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove minced
- Combine the marinade ingredients into a bowl
- Score the lamb all over and rub the marinade evenly into the meat. Add the onions to a roasting dish. Place the marinated lamb shoulder into the dish. Seal with butcher paper.
- For this recipe we use a kettle style charcoal BBQ with a lid. Prepare the barbecue for indirect heat, approx. 130 degrees using just a small amount of lump wood. This will need to be topped up every 40 mins.
- Add the lamb to the barbecue.
- Roast for around 5 hours until a core temperature on 88 degrees is reached
- Let the meat rest for 10-12 minutes, uncover before serving.
Garden cook barbecue tool and accessories useful for this Spring lamb recipe